Just won my PIP tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just won my PIP tribunal

sherry777
sherry777 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello. Just won my PIP tribunal and was awarded more than DWP awarded me. I am grateful and a friend said I 'was lucky'. But I don't think it is 'lucky' I just got what was right.  I still feel as ill as I was before the tribunal result. Just wanting to get that off my chest. Thanks.

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sherry777 and welcome to the community.

It is always good to hear when the system is working as it should. Hope you feel better soon.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• SeanRyan
    SeanRyan Community member Posts: 66 Connected
    Hi @sherry777

Go girl well done
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sherry777 welcome to the community, I am glad to hear you won your tribunal.

Do you have any tips for anyone else going through the PIP tribunal at the moment?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Congratulations @sherry777 .

You believed you had a case and were proven correct. While there is never any certainty when dealing with a court it is not down to luck.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done, @sherry777.   the high success rate shows that it's worth appealing - despite all the hassle.
  • sherry777
    sherry777 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanks everyone!  I was not feeling that I could do the Tribunal after all the hassle of form filling, waiting, getting date for F2F assessment, waiting, having assessment, waiting, getting lowest daily care award and felt it unfair so requesting copy of the assessment, waiting.  Assessment was totally inaccurate so I prepared notes as to why I felt this and asked for mandatory reconsideration. Waited.  M.R. turned down.  Asked to go to Tribunal and received paperwork which I had to respond to. Sent my response to the Tribunal and waited. And waited.  Got date for Tribunal and waited for the day.  Attended Tribunal not expecting anything.  Two days later got Tribunal result.  I was awarded enhanced daily living and enhanced mobility plus comment that 'reassessment inappropriate'.
    OMG!  Tears of relief. Just go for Tribunal if you feel you were dealt with inaccurately.  I did it all myself but there is help out there as you know.  Be Strong and Good Luck!
  • India
    India Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I am waiting for my date to go to Tribunal..... I am determined to fight, however, the whole process has actually made my condition much worse by the Stress caused. Good luck to all still waiting.x
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, I've been going through PIP barking-mad nightmare since last August.  Tribunal date Wed of next week.  Yes, it is stressful but stories like Sherry's are inspiring.
  • Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    Just a question from me. On a personal level we have only had to deal with ESA so far. I know that one day soon the dreaded " Invitation" to apply for pips as opposed to being on DLA will drop through the letter box. Am I right in thinking that if you fail your PIP, and the MR that you are paid NOTHING while waiting for the Tribunal hearing? Looking at the posts on here some People have waited months for the hearing, how do you survive in the meantime?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.