changing from dla to pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

changing from dla to pip

ollieconure
ollieconure Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
hello all i was on dla but got my form sent off for pip i sent in supporting letters from gp.ot.
our house has been adapted for stairlift bath rails toilet rails bath seats etc.
i have had arthiiirtis in both knees and right elbow i use a walker to get around yes I'm only 46 but have had to live with this pain for over 6 years,ive had injections in both knees but no good didn't work
the pain from the arthritis effects my hips and thighs it absoululty painful every day.
my question is I've read if  people use walkers etc to assemssnts they have deducted points because they use a aid my question is is this correct,becuase without  it i can't even walk every 2 steps i fall down is the new pip really has bad for genuine people that have really bad walking problems,

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.