How Many Members have had benefits cut? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How Many Members have had benefits cut?

ChrisBussell
ChrisBussell Community member Posts: 1 Listener
How Many Members have had benefits cut?

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ChrisBussell welcome to the community, we have lots of members with different experiences, you could take a look at the PIP and DLA category.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Dasiydo
    Dasiydo Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    Just received letter today at disability benefits going be cut I begin think only family with children for get benefits at not fair I be voluntary for communication of staffford recovery mealth health with peer groups and cut my benefits I angery so it my fist vote
    V.shaw
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    None of the political parties (except the SNP) have anything in their manifestos (correct me if I'm wrong) about disabled people.  Seems they think that there are no votes in disability.  Yet 20% of the population are in some way disabled.
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Yes  I was disappointed with the lack of disabled people in manifesto. 

Yes, have had a drop. Don't dare reapply for higher living bit of PIP as I don't want to lose high mobility as I'm using it for motobility. 
  • SeanRyan
    SeanRyan Community member Posts: 66 Connected
    I sent an email to the DWP asking to confirm my appointment as they no longer send letters. I did not get a reply and they sanctioned me because I missed it. when I showed them the email they had to reinstate it . Email is used by everyone in the digital world Except the DWP ATOS your local council anyone of them will not reply. Government cuts
  • Matilda
    It's a good idea when communicating with the DWP about anything important to send a letter by recorded delivery.
  • Matilda
    My PIP is about £60 a week less than my DLA.  I am appealing and encouraged by the recent reports by members who have won appeals and have been awarded enhanced rate both elements.
  • Dasiydo
    I haven't received pip and at movement only get 90 pounds a week really want move out rickscote flat just got bad merrroy there and need take Annabel and Sydnee with me and rabbits too in my new ground flat with gardens now looking for cat houses as Sydnee and Annabel ruin the summer houses like tomorrow I work on farm volutar so Sydnee and Annabel be on own tomorrow
    V.shaw
  • Dasiydo
    Just feel UK England don't care about disability and recovery mealth health only pick on use because we are easy if saying no disability benefits and keep mouth shut but no long part time student there close Cannock college down and I fail math and English exams so II feel UK don't care
    V.shaw

Brightness