Won ESA appeal, now have a PIP assessment. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won ESA appeal, now have a PIP assessment.

Options
missmolly2008
missmolly2008 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi in November 2016 I won a tribunal appeal for my ESA and it stated not for any review for 2 years. In the meantime I've been asked for a face to face assessment for my PIP, it's not a new claim they sent me a form to complete to see if my illness has got any worse. Is this correct since winning my ESA  claim?
Thank you for reading.

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @missmolly2008,

ESA and PIP are different benefits for different purposes.
    ESA is designed to help with your basic living allowances and PIP is designed to help with some of the extra costs associated with disability.
    When you won your ESA appeal with no review for two years, this was strictly for your ESA. This means that you won't need a review until at least two years have passed. 

PIP is awarded for fixed periods and the award length will vary for each person. It's usual procedure for the DWP to start the PIP review process one year before the current award ends. If this is a PIP review you should receive a shorter version of the how your disability affects you form which you filled in when you made a new claim.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.