Trouble with losing weight — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Trouble with losing weight

Sophiesmum2002
Sophiesmum2002 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
Hi
I was wondering if anyone can help me as I have been having problems with losing weight and keeping it off. I know that I can lose weight as I have don't it before as I was a few stones lighter than what I am now (I'm about 15/16 stones) and I managed to lose weight and I went from about 13/14 stones to 12st 5lb and I managed to stay at that weight.
I was would like to lose some weight as myself and my fiance have been invited to two weddings this year my fiance's twin sister's getting married to her partner at the end of July and my brother and his fiance are getting married in October and I haven't been able to find any nice skirts tops and dresses in my size as I'm a size 20+ and I would like to be able to drop a few dress sizes before my brother's wedding in October.
If I manage to lose some weight before my fiance's twin sister's wedding in July that would make me happy.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sophiesmum2002

How did you lose weight before? 

I think that it's better to make lifestyle choices that you can stick to rather than dieting, as soon as you stop the diet, the weight comes back on.

Is there any type of physical activity that you enjoy or would like to try? The long term benefits of regular exercise will improve your health and fitness and the weight loss happens along the way!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    edited May 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Brightness