moved — Scope | Disability forum


greenranger Member Posts: 8 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA


  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,590 Disability Gamechanger

    I suggest that you re-post in 'Ask a benefits advisor' category for a full explanation.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    @greenranger IMHO you are not overthinking this you are just being incredibly honest, but too honest for your own good. But look at it this way, you have not changed your condition in anyway, you haven't suddenly improved so that you don't need PIP anymore. All you're doing is improving your quality of life with the mobility component and paying someone to do something you cannot do yourself with the Daily Living component. This reminds me of what I have said that is so wrong with PIP that you have to be as bad as you can be to get it and remain in this state to continue to receive it. That is the idea behind your thoughts when you posted this. But ask yourself is this right? NO IT IS NOT. 


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.