How long until you find out the result of a face-to-face PIP assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long until you find out the result of a face-to-face PIP assessment?

PHILWILLIAMS
PHILWILLIAMS Community member Posts: 8 Connected
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
HELLO EVERY ONE

Comments

• PHILWILLIAMS
    PHILWILLIAMS Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    HI i have been on esa from november at £73.10 a week and just had my one to one with pip witch i thought whent well two weeks later got brown letter in post and my esa as gone up to £125.55 a week its now been 4 weeks and i have not had anything from pip yet how long dose it take can any one help thanks 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @PHILWILLIAMS,

Welcome to Scope's online community!

I'm sorry to hear about the delay in finding out more about your PIP claim. I've moved this discussion into our Ask a Benefits Advisor category, where one of our community advisors may be able to help.

If you have any other questions, please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    @PHILWILLIAMS Have you rung the DWP to ask for a copy of your PIP assessment report? If not you need to do this. When you get that it will give you an idea of what your DWP award will be as DWP Decision Makers have no medical knowledge they go by the assessor's suggested points when making their decision which will arrive in a brown envelope anytime soon...
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    It can take 6-8 weeks.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi PHILWILLIAMS,

Yes it can take a while before you get your PIP decision, anything from a couple of weeks after the assessment to 6-8 weeks after, as Nystagmite says. If it's more than a couple of months though, it's worth complaining to DWP as they should have been able to make a decision by then.

Also very much agree with wildlife that it is worth asking for a copy of the assessor's report - that will help you if you are not happy with the decision.

As for ESA, the increased amount shows that you are in the support group, which is really good news. It means more money and also you won't have to do any 'work-related activity', so you'll be able to carry on getting your ESA without going to Jobcentre interviews or anything like that.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.