Help for 13 yr old incontinent child — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help for 13 yr old incontinent child

Options
cathrin
cathrin Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I've got a 13yr old who is incontinent and suffers with anxiety. She's home educated because she can't face people or situations she dosnt know. We can't get any help from anyone financially or mentally. I feel.so drained 24 hrs aday

Comments

• MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @cathrin. Welcome to the Scope Online Community.

I am sorry to hear about your struggles.

You may want to have a look through our many discussions around parents and carers.

We are glad you are here with us. 

Was there a specific question that you need assistance with?

Regards,
    Mike

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cathrin welcome to the community.  Does your child have a diagnosis as to why they are incontinent? It must be really tough for you both, can you let us know a bit more and I can see if I can find you any information and support?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello cathrin

Does your daughter receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA)? I ask as this is a benefit that can recognise the difficulties that a child may be going through, and depending on if and what rate is awarded you may then be recognised as a carer for benefit purposes and receive additional income. 

Both DLA and Carers Allowance are non-means tested benefits which means that it des not matter what your household income is to qualify for benefit. Please keep us posted.

Maria
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness