I won my tribunal back in March 2017 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I won my tribunal back in March 2017

PJCuff
PJCuff Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I won my tribunal back in March 2017
The DWP requested permission to appeal to the upper tribunal, which I was amazed at.

Anyway this morning I got a letter off HM courts and Tribunals telling me that on 19/4/2017 they received an application for permission to appeal to the upper tribunal against the decision awarded 8/3/17
Anyway, the Judge has considered the application and refused permission to appeal, however they can do so by contacting the Upper Tribunal office directly.
On the 2nd page (which is from the "first-tier tribunal")  it does state on decision notice that the appeals officer has applied for permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal against the decision of the first tier tribunal issued on the 8/3/17

It is not appropriate to review the decision because no error of law arises.  The statement of Reasons is adequate to explain the tribunal's decision

Im not sure what this means, does it mean their appeal has been rejected and I will get my back dated PIP which I havent had since Aug last year?

I will ring them on Monday, but I am desperate to know, as this would lift a massive burden off my shoulders 

thanks in advance

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @PJCuff  and welcome to the community.

If this is all on the same letter then it sounds as if the judge has dismissed their reason for appeal, but the DWP can argue their case with Upper Tier Tribunal to see if it would be heard. However I am no expert and this is my interpretation of what you have said.

Sorry I know this is not what you are looking for, but hope you get the answer you are looking for on Monday.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @PJCuff,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

I hope you found out the information you needed when you rang yesterday. How did it go?
    Liam
  • Richteachouxsnack
    Richteachouxsnack Community member Posts: 37 Listener
    How long did you wait for upper tribunal descision after first tier refusal 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    How long did you wait for upper tribunal descision after first tier refusal 
    This thread is almost 6 years old and the member hasn’t been active since they posted the thread. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness