Hi, my name is Sued59! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Sued59!

Options
Sued59
Sued59 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have Crohn's Disease,an Ileostomy Asthma, Arthritis, CKD stage 3, Gout, Peripheral Neuropathy and was on DLA lower rate for care and higher rate for mobility indefinitely, I have since had a reassessment for PIP and have just been told I am not entitled to anything after having a f2f assessment even though my condition as worsened since my DLA was granted in 1998. The lady that interviewed me didn't ask me to do anything and some of the questions she asked me she wrote that I had no trouble doing them even though I have. I am absolutely disgusted with what she wrote on the form I feel like she was interviewing a different person to me.

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,464 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Sued59 and welcome to the community.

Unfortunately this is common. If you haven't done so ask for a mandatory review, but you are probably going to have to take it to appeal.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Sued59,

Welcome to Scope's online community!

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with PIP. As @Geoark mentioned, you can ask for a mandatory review of the decision. We have more information about this and tribunals on our website here.

I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions, please do get in touch.
    Liam
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sued59

The Disability Rights website has a very good PIP section.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.