Family support — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Family support

nicki13
nicki13 Community member Posts: 2 Connected
Hi I'm new here :) 

Comments

• nicki13
    nicki13 Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Hi I'm 34 and I am currently undergoing assessment for ASC. My partner has moderate learning difficulties and Dyslexia. His father and step mother received DLA for him until the age of 16. I have a 5 year old with Sensory Processing Disorder and currently under assessment for ASC. My youngest (2) has just been diagnosed with Hypermobility and she too is showing signs of sensory issues, including eating inedible objects. 
    I have suffered with mental health difficulties such I was 14. I am trying to help with my partners literacy skills to improve his employment. I offer him a great deal of emotional support and I prompt him to support with methods to use with our eldest child's challenging behaviour.
    i would like to know if there is any support out there as I'm feeling so exhausted and overwhelmed by it all. I currently can't leave my children alone with my partner so I don't get any respite. 
    Thanks for reading :) 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nicki13 welcome to the community

You sound like you have an awful lot going on.  Do you get any outside support at all?

Have you heard of HomeStart? They are a family support charity and they could maybe offer a bit of support and assistance to you all.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Hi there, (would you mind saying what ASC is? Thanks), 

Like Sam says, sounds like you've got so much on your plate. Do do DO come on here and rant and vent it all out. I know we can't make life easier for you all but it might help. Especially if getting out etc is hard. 

Sorry I haven't got anymore specific advice (or a magic Wand!) but just wanted to offer support. 

I have a 9 year old. It's a good job they are so cute! 
  • redhead34
    redhead34 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I would luv support with my son who has adhd and his medicated he has 2 older brothers I suffer with deppresion and panic attacks that then cause me to have seizures plus my husband has ms life is tought but a bit of support would be very kind but can't seem to get it where I live 

Brightness