Question about Transition from [support-based]ESA(was a PIP claimer as well) into work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Question about Transition from [support-based]ESA(was a PIP claimer as well) into work

Options
JustEmma
JustEmma Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have an interview tomorrow for a position as a personal assistant. The hours for this are 4½-5 hours, 3 days a week. and 1 hour a night 5 days a week. Bringing it to 18.5-19 hours a week. This would be my first job in over 3 years due to poor mental health. And I am very eager to begin as I have felt useless these past years. However, I currently Rent my flat here in Edinburgh at 600/pcm. And I do not think i would be able to continue living here if I am accepted for this position, I was just hoping to see if anyone is aware of any aditional support i may be entitled to, until I would be able to either hold down a second job, without jeopardising my mental well-being, or have an increase in hours?

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.