P.I.P — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

P.I.P

Options
bevt2017
bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
Hi everyone 
Well I'm still waiting to hear about my P.I.P payment? 
My husband was assured on Thursday by the complaints department that they have told my case manger to pay me A S.A.P.
my case manager told them that they were waiting for a letter, I sent back to them about payment, then they would pay me. I checked with royal mail and they received the letter on Friday at 11.22am. So after not receiving anything in the post, my husband called P.I.P again. They said on the screen it only shows them sending me a letter out. After my husband told them that we have proof, that they received the letter on Fri and the time. And that the complaints department assured me of payment. My husband said they started to stutter, and told him a manager would contact him
A S.A.P.
 I would advice everyone to send any information, they send to P.I.P, recorded delivery only. Also My 28 days to appeal ends tomorrow, so I don't think they will appeal now.
I will keep you informed, i hope this helps anyone.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bevt2017 - good tip on sending things recorded delivery!

Good luck, let us know how you get on
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    Options
    @bevt2017 keeping fingers crossed for you. Yes always always send recorded delivery. You know though that the letters to the DWP go to a mail handling site, and that is where they are signed for so sometimes it takes a bit longer for it to be scanned onto their system.
  • bevt2017
    Options
    Hi @Justice
    Thank you for your support.
    No I didn't know about the post? But I'm not giving in to these people. I will phone them everyday if I need to. I've been going through hell with P.I.P since July last year. My husband has been my career, and looks after my three children, he can't get any finacial help until P.I.P sort my case out. It's so frustrating.
    Thanx again justice.

Hi @Sam_Scope
    I will definitely let you know how I get on.
    Thanx for your support. 

• bevt2017
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi @Sam_Scope
    An update.
    I was told yesturday that my case manager would call us back a.s.a.p, but no-one from P.I.P called us back.
    My husband contacted them again later this afternoon. They told him that they had recived the letter. And that it would take a few more days to sort out.
    My husband was not happy. has he was assured that payment would be made as soon as they received the letter.
    When he asked to be put through to the complaints department. they said they couldnt transfer him. So i've told him to speak directly to the complaints department tomorrow. I will keep you updated. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.