Hi, my name is Catman! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Catman!

Catman
Catman Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
Hi folks. I'm Phil from Bristol and suffer from severe Fibromyalgia and I also have moderate depression. I suffer from pain and fatigue from the moment I awake until I eventually fall asleep. I can no longer work so I'm on ESA (Support group) and get PIP. I try to keep positive but feel I'm on the scrap heap at the age of forty-six. 

Comments

• MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Hi @catman.

Thanks for your post and Welcome to the Community.

I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you face. It must be difficult.

Please know that this is a supportive environment where you can chat with a variety of people - some of whom might be going through similar circumstances.

Would you like to tell us more about yourself, your interests, and what you'd like to chat about?
  • Catman
    Hi Mike and thanks for your reply to my post. I'm an animal lover, through and through with a special place in my heart for cats, hence the nickname, Catman. I've recently become a volunteer for the Cat Protection League which involves at the moment, home checks to ensure adopted moggies go to a good home. I'm also a fairly new member of Bradley Stoke Evengelical Church, here in Bristol. In the last few months the people there have become like a family to me. 

The last few months have been quite a challenge to me, more will be revealed in good time. Suffice to say, it's been quite a rocky road.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Catman welcome to the community!  I have two dogs, one cat and 6 chickens! Look forward to chatting with you.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Hi @Catman. I'm a dog owner (allergic to cats unfortunately), but it's great to look after animals, and it's fantastic that you are doing that good work to keep the cats safe.

It's great to have you here, and I look forward to chatting with you as well.
  • Catman
    Thanks Mike and I'm so sorry for the lateness of my reply. I adore all animals, dogs as well. Fortunately, my partner who I met 18 months ago is the same as me. 

I look forward to chatting to you as well. 

Brightness