Advice and reassurance about PIP reassessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice and reassurance about PIP reassessment

Options
libra2709_
libra2709_ Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone, 

Just joined I am disabled with Fibromyalgia amongst other complex symptoms. I have very restricted mobility (walk with crutches). I currently receive PIP, but am up for reassessment August, and have grave fears  would appreciate any advice /reassurance if any on this. 

Thanks  :)

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @libra2709_,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board. 

There's plenty of groups and discussions which you can get involved with, whether it's for a chat or to ask for some help and support.

I've moved this post to our Talk about PIP/DLA category, where other members of the community may be able to advise and help regarding your PIP reassessment.

If you have any other questions, please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • BeccaShark123
    BeccaShark123 Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi @libra2709_

Welcome to Scope's online community. I am very similar to you- I have chronic pain and walk with one crutch (left hand side). My diagnosis was recently changed to fibromyalgia and joint hypermobility, from just joint hypermobility syndrome, so I too will be up for reassessment soon.

My advice would be to try and relax, as daunting as the PIP process can be, you have already been through it once, and came through fine. I personally am dreading filling out the big form again!

My second piece of advice would be to look over your award letter, and see what you were awarded points for last time, as these will have been the things that came across when your interview and form were looked at, to make the decision on your award. I also approached a charity to help me fill my form out, so I did not have to worry about it as much, as I was guided through each section. I wish I had photocopied it, in hindsight. Your local Citizens Advice Breau can point you in the right direction of people who can help you with the form.

In terms of actually being assessed in the interview, do you have anyone you can take to your reassessment with you? I get very nervous in interview-like situations, so I took my mum- she could pick up where I left off, as I hate being put on the spot with questions, and I was very nervous already. Just having her there helped put me at ease a little.

Hope this helps- please feel free to chat some more if you'd like!

Becca :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.