PIP advice needed ASAP PLEASE — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP advice needed ASAP PLEASE

Ange1209
Ange1209 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi
I am hoping someone can help me!
On the 15th of May I won my appeal tribunal against the DWP. However i still haven't received any letters or payments from them. I rang Friday and they said it hadn't been looked at. So I've just rang again and now they said that it is with a case worker however she also said that they can appeal the decision, when I queried this saying it is outside the 28 days she told me that doesn't matter and that the dates are not set in stone. Is she right or is she talking rubbish?? 

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2017
    @Ange1209

I suggest that you re-post in 'Ask a benefits advisor' category for expert advice.

Just seen that you have already posted in 'Ask a benefits advisor' category.

The benefits advisors should be on this site during the week.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Ange1209,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having with PIP.

I've moved this to our Ask A Benefits Advisor category, where @BenefitsTrainingCo may be able to advise.

If you have any other questions, please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Ange1209 said:
    Hi
    I am hoping someone can help me!
    On the 15th of May I won my appeal tribunal against the DWP. However i still haven't received any letters or payments from them. I rang Friday and they said it hadn't been looked at. So I've just rang again and now they said that it is with a case worker however she also said that they can appeal the decision, when I queried this saying it is outside the 28 days she told me that doesn't matter and that the dates are not set in stone. Is she right or is she talking rubbish?? 
    It is lies and rubbish @Ange1209 . The limit for all parties is 28 days and it is crystal clear.

There is nothing for them to "look at." They have missed the appeal window and must now just comply. To be fair though, by their standards, 28 days is not an excessively long time to comply.

I haven't heard of the DWP ever defying the court so it's too early to be really concerned.
    If you have not heard anything after 6 weeks from the date of judgement then contact the Clerk of the Court to discuss enforcement. Their details will be on the judgement letter.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    We have answered this on a different thread.
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Thanks, @BenefitsTrainingCo - sorry about that!

@Ange1209, our benefits advisor has responded to you on your discussion, PIP. I hope this helps!

If you have any other questions, please do get in touch!
    Liam

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.