PIP tribunal with no representation — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal with no representation

Nige
Nige Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm the same boat as someone who I just read about on here!
PIP Tribunal with no representation. I live in Birmingham.
The date of Tribunal is 28/06/17.
I just wondered if you could provide me with any help?

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Nige,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

Sorry, I'm afraid I've had to remove your email address. I've moved this discussion to our Ask A Benefits Advisor category, where @BenefitsTrainingCo may be able to advise further.

Scope also has some useful information about appealing a DWP benefits decision, including videos about PIP tribunals.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Nige.

A very good welcome to the community.

Have you too date had any dealing/appointments at The West Midlands Regional Rehab Centre in Selly Oak ???

I have worked/been a patient there for a number off years, they did have a service there that helped patients /careers/family's to offer help & advice with your current predicament.

Unfortunatly I had to take early retirement a few years ago but I would be more than happy to make contact for you if that would help ???

Steve.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2017
    @Nige
    I had a tribunal hearing three weeks ago without representation and won

The  Disability Rights Handbook gives very good info about PIP and other benefits. You have to buy it but there are discounts for those on means tested benefits.Or the DR site has a free shorter section onPIP
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Nige
    We have a few videos about the tribunal process that might help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIHjSpNNbQo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WEvbFVlQOc&t=6s 

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Nige,

We don't offer representation I'm afraid. I would second Matilda's point - it is possible to win without representation, and the Scope guidance is really good. The handbook which Matilda mentions is also excellent.

I've heard there's a retired social worker in Birmingham who takes on some cases to represent, but I don't know his details, I'm afraid. If you are involved in any local networks it may be worth asking.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.