M.R — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

M.R

frogy
frogy Community member Posts: 21 Connected
HI THERE I AM THINKING OF PUTTING IN A M.R ABOUT MY PIP DECISION ON THE DAY OF ASSESSMENT UN KNOWN TO ME MY FRIEND THAT CAME AND SAT WITH ME RECORDED IT ON A DIGITAL DEVICE CAN I MENTION THIS IN MY M.R OR WILL THEY STOP MY CLAIM THANKS FROGY.

Comments

• Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    Hi @frogy I am not sure about the rules for recording. I seem to remember reading somewhere that you have to let them have a copy too, and that they have to know that it is being recorded. There will be some Benefits Advisers here on Monday. If I were you I would check it out with them before you do anything.
    Good Luck 
  • frogy
    thank you justice I will do that FROGY.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @frogy I am not a benefit advisor but I do know you should not mention the recording for your MR. @Justice is correct there are rules concerning recording the assessment and prior permission has to requested before hand. Recordings have to be done on machines specified by the company concerned and they exclude mobile phones and computers of any kind. Two recordings have to be made at the assessment itself and one handed over to the assessment company. If a recording was found to be in process during an interview the assessor would stop the assessment and you would be given another appointment to go through it all again. I'm not sure what would happen to the part recording but as the interview would be cancelled you couldn't use it to prove what was said anyway. If you mention it in your MR your claim will more than likely be cancelled. I'm sure you've asked about this before? My advice is to keep quiet about it but use it yourself to remember what was said.    
  • Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    @ Frogy, that seems sound advice from @wildlife, be careful not to drop yourself in the you know what! :-)
  • frogy
    ok will take your advice frogy.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.