Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

twang5
twang5 Community member Posts: 29 Listener
sent off pip forms 5 weeks ago for transfer from d l a how long is the wait for a decision? 

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    @twang5 The next thing will be hearing whether or not you have to have a face to face assessment. Most people do. I don't know the timescale for this but you will carry on getting DLA in the meantime. It's a long process and not always easy so I would sit back and wait to hear about an assessment. If you really want to know you can ring the DWP to find out which assessment company will be involved and ring them to see what's happening..     
  • Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    @twang5 I would leave well alone while they are still paying your DLA. I know for ESA the wait time is ridiculous. Hubby had to wait almost ten months from filling in the form to getting an appointment. From what I hear the PIP assessments are not great . You have done your bit by filling on the form, try to put it out of your mind, and deal with it when you get your appointment. Just make sure in the meantime that you read everything you can to help you, or talk to Benefits Advisers on here :-)
  • twang5
    twang5 Community member Posts: 29 Listener
    My d l a runs out on august 7th so have 7 weeks exactly till then 
  • Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    @twang5 I am not sure then what happens if they have asked you to apply for PIPS, but your DLA is due to end anyway. This is not something I have experienced. I really think you need to ask a benefits adviser, they will be around Monday.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.