Hi from a new member — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi from a new member

Jackiel
Jackiel Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Thought it would be nice to say 'Hello'.

After successful careers, my husband and I are now both disabled.  The transition has been very hard one both mentally and physically.

I have had 5 strokes, lost counts of the TIA's, epilepsy, heart issues, hemiplegic migraines, all of which has brought on a dreadful feeling of isolation.  My husband has fibro, arthritis, Aspergers, anxiety and clinical depression.

Both of us have had to attend 'renewal' assessments within the last three weeks and 'oh boy' the stress has been awful!

Such a great life but we always keep smiling :)  Hope this site/forum brings a tad of belonging xx

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jackiel
    Jackiel Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi, Danny,  I drove from the age of 17 so to lose the freedom after many years of driving sure hit me hard - I do however now know I had been driving with epilepsy but I didn't get a diagnosis until I was 40!  I just thought I was a fairy head.  I did manage to drive again for two years.  I was so excited to be independent again but alas my license has been revoked.  I think this hit me harder than the strokes etc etc.  I have generalised ep, CP's and myo's.... I know the CP's can be rather dangerous but at least I make my husband laugh when I go off into fantasy land :) 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jackiel welcome to the community!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness