Pip aged 64? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip aged 64?

noramc
noramc Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Does any one know when it ends lm 64 in 8 month and haven't heard anything yet

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi. I have just checked the Gov.uk website and it does finish when you are 64 I'm very very sorry for this news !!!! Please please let me know if I can help you with further with this ??? Many many thanks. Steve.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    @noramc If you are already getting PIP when you reach your 65th Birthday it just carries on in the same way that DLA used to. This is subject to reviews only according to the timescale you were awarded it for when you just have to show that there are no changes in your condition. It's only people who become disabled after their 65th Birthday that can't claim PIP instead they have to claim AA Attendance Allowance.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @noramc

I'd advise you to re-post in "Ask a benefits advisor".  I could be wrong but, I assume, like DLA if you were on PIP before reaching age 65, then your PIP continues after 65.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @Matilda you're not wrong. What else would a disabled person live on? I know for sure that AA is for NEWLY disabled people over 65. Sorry but steve51 is incorrect.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all, I'm very very sorry to have got things wrong!!!!!
    please please take my heart felt apologies!!!!
    I need to do more homework next time!!!!
    Sorry.
    Steve.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.