DLA - Son Dropped to Middle Rate. I disagree. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA - Son Dropped to Middle Rate. I disagree.

davids
davids Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my son is getting dla atm but he's been dropoed to middle and i dont agree

Comments

• gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Hi and welcome to the community
    Have you tried appealing? If not, it should tell you how in the letter that told you they are going to change it.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @davids.
    A very big welcome to you & I hope that we can help you further with this???
    Have you been to our Benefits Area where there will be plenty of info on DLA & how to challenge your current decision ???
     Please let me know if I can help you further with this ???
     I have been on DLA for some years now so hopefully I can help you !!!!
  • MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Hi @davids:

Welcome!

Can you shed more light on the decision to drop him down to the Middle Rate? Did they give any reasons? When was the decision made? 

Our Benefits Overview page notes:

"If you disagree with the decision made on your child's DLA claim you can ask for a Mandatory Review.

If you still believe the decision is wrong, for example because incorrect information was used, you can appeal. You have one month to dispute a decision, so it is important to seek advice and act quickly."

It also includes a link to DLA appeal information, so please check it out.

You can also find good discussion on PIP/DLA and, as Steve notes, an Ask a Benefits Advisor section.

Good Luck, and great to have you here!

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Did you supply evidence that your son requires care at night for at least 4 nights a week and that his needs are greater than that of a child of his own age?

Depending on his age and disability, he'd be expected to do some things himself.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.