How long does a PIP decision take? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long does a PIP decision take?

Briony01
Briony01 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi im knew to this group just went for my PIP assessment how long does decision usually take if anyone has any ideas would appreciate your response thanks so much 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Briony01.

A very very big Welcome to you & I do hope that we can offer you both help/support ?????

Please please have a look at our Benefits section on the site & please let us know if we can help you further ????

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Hi welcome to the community. 
    I will move your post to Ask the benefit adviser .
     @BenefitsTrainingCo please help here. 

Thanks Iza 

• MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    edited June 2017
    Hi @Briony01:

Welcome!

Please see our Benefits Overview information for PIP and also our PIP/DLA discussions.

Good to have you here!
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Briony01

Processing times for PIP claims vary depending on the type of claim and the geographical area. Now you've had your assessment you can expect to get the decision quite soon. If it takes more than another month you might like to consider making a complaint to the DWP.

Good luck
    David
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Briony01,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

It can take between six to eight weeks to find out the result of a PIP assessment. However, if you need to find out more about the status of your claim, then the contact info for ongoing claims is 0345 850 3322.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • Ter1969
    Ter1969 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    It's 4 weeks and still had no news about my assessment and my doctor can't do my pip letter till nNovember the the 5th 
  • sunnydays
    sunnydays Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Hi Everyone,

I would be really grateful if anyone could kindly answer this question, please. Just doing my new pip form as its been nearly 2 years since I won my appeal. Ive listed my consultant and gp on the form but only want my consultant as a point of contact, how do i make that point? Ive enclosed many up to date reports and recent reports from consultant. Only gp doesnt play an active role in my treatment/medication.

Many thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence but you could just put your Consultants name and contact details down. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sunnydays
    Hi Poppy, 

Thank you for your prompt advise. Do I have to list my gp also with my consultant? My consultant is what i would prefer them if contact is made. 
    Thanks again
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Only list the ones you want them to contact, if they contact anyone. I named 2 on my daughters form and they contacted both, as rare as it is.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sunnydays
    Thank you, just having a melt down doing last bits to the forms. Will let you know the end result. Months of pacing around. Thanks again.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.