Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Scott1976
Scott1976 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I I was wondering if anyone could help me just over 18 months ago I was awarded pip after a long and hard battle to get it due to 2 diseases in my spine then just after Christmas I was told it would have to be revued again as my symptoms had got worse I didn't think there would be a problem so I went along to the interview with my wife which was stressful enough had the interview then waited for the replay only to be told when my letter came that they had taken everything off me and scored me 0 for everything so nattruly being very upset and angry I wrote a letter back asking them if they could look at it again then today I have had another letter back stateing that there decision is I have lost my pip yet my condition has got worse and to make matters worse everything they are saying happened at the interview has been twisted or never happened has any gone any help for me please I'm gutted and angry at the same time I don't see how I can lose it if my conditions are life long and gradually get worse over time

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ Scott1976.

It's great to meet you & I'm so sorry for you.

We have got a "Benefits Advisor"on the site which would be the best to start with.

Belive me you aren't on your own !!!!

We have a great number of people on the site in the same "SHIP" as you are !!!

They would be more than happy to help you!!!!

We also have plenty info for you to browse through !!!!

Please let me know if I can help you with this ????
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Scott1976,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with PIP. As @steve51 mentions above, we have an Ask a Benefits Advisor category where @BenefitsTrainingCo may be able to advise. I have moved this discussion into that group for you.

From the sound of things, it seems you have already asked for a mandatory reconsideration. Have you considered appealing the decision at a tribunal?

Scope has a lot of information about appealing a DWP benefits decision which you may find useful.

I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions, please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • Scott1976
    Please any help would be great the more I think about the response the more I become angry they have changed everything I said at the interview 
  • Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    Hi @Scott1976  welcome to Scope. I am sure you will get some good advice from the benefits Advisers here. From my personal experience though( Not PIP but ESA) If you feel that your assessment has not been carried out properly, by that I mean Professionally, honestly, and no inconsistencies in the report, then you really need to out a complaint in writing about this.Good Luck
  • Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    *put a complaint @Scott1976, not out. Sorry I am half asleep now, look at the time :-)
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi @Scott1976

Yeah. I can really see why this is making you so angry - it makes me a bit angry just to read it - and I haven't even seen the inconsistencies in the hcp report!!

Two things you need to do. First as you know, is to appeal, and second, as @Justice says, is to complain - both direct to the DWP, and also via your MP.

Two pieces of evidence that I think you need to be waving for both of these are (1) a copy of the Tribunal's last decision; and (2) some evidence from your doctors that your condition has deteriorated.

What made them think that your condition had deteriorated in the first place? Did you notify them? Slightly a side issue I know, but if they somehow found this out without you notifying them, then you also need to know how that happened.

@LiamO_Dell has already indicated the appeal info to you - and this has not changed since the last time you appealed.

Good luck! And do let us know how you get on - or if you need anything further.

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

• Scott1976
    I was called in for a review after only 18 months this was the same interview I had when I was passed off 18 months previously this is a normal procedure I was told the conditions that I have in my spine are degenerate which is what i explained but I also have quite a few other problems and they said they wasn't interested in the other problems it would only be the problems with my spine that they are interested in so I answered the questions mainly by my wife I list every single point when I am now worse so on asking for them to take another look they decided to stick the knife in some more they altered what was said in the interview and then went on to say because I look ok and they can't see a disability because I don't look malnutritioned and because I have to work there can't be nothing wrong with me!!!!!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.