won appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

won appeal

lilley1
lilley1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
any advice please won tribunal 2wks ago with 29 points given as apposed to o points given with pip ive been told that this can be apposed again taken it to 2nd tiar appeal is this so ?not heard anything from dwp yet how long do you wait for letter stating what is happening ?

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2017
    @lilley1

I won my appeal and received new award letter and arrears three weeks later.  You'll probably hear from DWP after three weeks either with new award letter or letter stating they are going to appeal.  However, if you receive one of the latter, don't worry.  DWP send out a standard letter if they are thinking of appealing but they have to find an error of law in order to appeal - and it is rare for the first tier to make errors of law.
  • lilley1
    lilley1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    thanx for that information will keep you posted 

• Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    Good Luck Lilley. I second what @Matilda says, it has to be on a point of law. What gets me is though is why they have to put people through all the extra stress by going on about it. Anything else I wish to say about them would be deleted if I were to type it here lol
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Justice and @lilley1

When I came out of tribunal hearing room into waiting room while they made their decision, there was a DWP rep waiting to be called into another hearing.  At first I assumed she was an appellant and asked her if she was waiting to be interviewed:  she didn't look too pleased at being mistaken for one of us rather than for one of them ;).
  • Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.