Pip decision — Scope | Disability forum

Pip decision

Briony01 Member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi I have been told you can ring up and see how your claim is coming along but I don't want to seem cheeky or forward phoning to ask do you think I should or not . Had my assessment 2and a half weeks ago . Sometimes it takes longer I understand I didn't think you could phone about the decision I thought you had to wait and get decision thanks for any advice folks 


  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Member Posts: 603 Pioneering
    They can take 6-8 weeks. I was told if I hadn't heard anything by then, to phone up.
  • Briony01
    Briony01 Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Thank you nystagmite
  • Briony01
    Briony01 Member Posts: 9 Listener
    The assessor told me I should hear about 2/3 weeks . 
  • wildlife
    wildlife Member Posts: 1,308 Pioneering
    @Briony01 You can ring DWP anytime it's not cheeky or forward but you'll probably be told it's still with the case worker (Decision maker). Did you ring DWP just after your assessment to ask them to send you a copy of your assessment report, form PA4. If not you could do that and ask about your claim at the same time..x
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering
    Hello Briony01 - I can only agree with the above comments, in that you can ring for information anytime, but you are unlikely to be told anything significant over the phone, as the DWP would usually prefer to notify decisions in writing. There is no standard amount of time you have to wait, as it just depends on how fast your case worker is working! Good luck and I hope your claim is successful.
    If it isn't, then please post again so that we can give you some advice about what to do next.
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.