I'm quite — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm quite

Options
aries
aries Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
could you please advise me about the fact that due to my financial situation I've never been able to afford a mobile phone or a landline so since my illnesses began I was not contactable. I have heart disease, angina my first heart attack was at 46. I couldn't contact anyone. Like my brother. 
My brother the kindest person I have ever known. We lost our father when I was only 2 and even though there's a wide age gap he was 16 at the time and left our poor Mother to defend for herself which didn't really last to long. He has always been very protective over me.... I have certainly not been an angel and he has always helped me and my son in anyway he could. 

Comments

• aries
    aries Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Options
    OMG I pressed the wrong button it's taken me nearly 10 minutes to remember how to post a message sorry. 
    Anyway I'm babbling.....my brother gave me his old phone and offered to pay the contract. I said no as he has his own family and grandchildren now. But he just did it. It arrived via post. He wanted to make sure he could contact me and I could contact him in an emergency... My question is this wrong??? Could he get into trouble for doing this for me? 
    I can honestly say I'm worried sick....I would be devastated if anything was wrong about this kind gesture....??
    i recently spoke with the DWP on the phone, as I'm always breathless it can take a while for me to answer... However, I was asked 3 times to repeat the number?? 
    Is this wrong? I just don't know????
    Aries (extremely worried)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.