PIP Assessment Tomorrow - What will They Ask? Very Anxious. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment Tomorrow - What will They Ask? Very Anxious.

Felines17
Felines17 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have my atoms pip assessment in two days.The anxiety is making me feel ill.What will they ask.

Comments

• gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Hi Felines17 welcome to the Scope community. Is there anything we can help you with?
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2017
    Hi @Felines17.

It is great to meet you !!!!

Please please go over to our home page where you will find a number of Advisors & loads of info on the PIP Assessments.

We also have a very active online community where you can "meet & great" other members in the same predicament as yourself.

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2017
    Hi @Felines17 we have some videos that can help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq5QV_SnkJs
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Hi @Felines17:

Welcome! We have a lot of information here on the site which should help.

Please watch this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq5QV_SnkJs&t=14s

Also, please see the following resources: PIP OverviewPIP Self Test, PIP Frequently Asked Questions, and the discussions in PIP/DLA

You are allowed to bring someone with you, which is recommended as it never hurts to have another pair of eyes and ears.

@mossycow, @nanof6 @Priadel800 Can you provide any further advice please?

Best wishes!

• davet
    davet Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
    hi felines 17
    I would strongly suggest that you take someone with you, at my assessment I attempted to discuss my loss of balance but the assessor just ignored it , later in the assessment attempting to carry out a movement on my leg, I lost my balance and almost fell from the chair, this was not noted in my report, and when I ask the dwp why, they simply ignore the question, my report also states that I bent over and picked a bag from the floor, although it does not say that I was seated at the time, however as I did not take anyone with me I have no proof of either of these.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    @davet It wouldn't make any difference if you had someone with you. My husband was sat next to me throughout my assessment, he opened a bottle of water for me which was clearly seen by my assessor. But she wrote on her report that I opened it holding it between my legs by taking off the plastic label round the middle. This was to try and say I had no problem using my hands. This was a total lie. I've complained in writing and also had 2 arguments over the phone with both ATOS and DWP who both say my Husband is not an independent witness. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.