How can fashion retailers represent and accommodate disabled people? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How can fashion retailers represent and accommodate disabled people?

2»

Comments

• Kathy_Bramley
    Kathy_Bramley Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Arthur said:
    Not sure if this is relevant, I don't class myself as disabled, though I have stannard all my life, my severity isn't as bad as others, though there has been discrimination against us people who stutter/stammer, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Arthur.

I stammer when stressed and clutter and struggle with short term memory and word retrieval and am sometimes anxious not sure how to be in a place and am clumsier when stressed and if I am looking after my children and particularly when they're finding things difficult I can be in a right flap and although I generally haven't really had problems from staff in shops small incidents really stay with you and also I can be reliving my past as a child and a mother in my mind and emotional memory also sensory stuff glare and heat and wanting to make a good impression and noise from fans and anything that's not distracting or comfortable can make the communication aspects of the shopping experience harder to get through.

It is interesting about the language  point and whether you class yourself as disabled I think the training  store development and thinking processes the initiative  in general should cover all aspects of access rather than disabled people label the provision rather than the people and good access is good for everybody
    Autistic mother (they/them) not Autism Mom

Brightness