Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

twang5
twang5 Community member Posts: 29 Listener
Can anyone tell me how long they waited to here back once they had sent their pip forms back for d l a renewal. Sent mine 8 weeks ago and have not heard anything 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @twang5.

Good afternoon & welcome to our website/online community.

Can I point you towards our home page where you can read more about PIP.

We also have a very active online community where you will find other people who have/going through the process.

They will help you out that's for sure.

Please please let me know if I can help you further.

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @twang5,

Welcome to Scope's online community!

Have you contacted the DWP about the status of your application?

I've moved this post to our Ask a Benefits Advisor category, where @BenefitsTrainingCo may be able to advise with regards to the timescale.
    Liam
  • nanof6
    nanof6 Community member Posts: 200 Pioneering
    i sent mine back in may and had my first payment in september
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi @twang5

There are no fixed timescales for the DWP to deal with PIP claims on migration from DLA, and they do seem to vary quite significantly, with some being awarded PIP without a medical after only a few weeks, and some taking months and months.

What I would say though, is that 8 weeks is a fairly substantial amount of time not to have heard anything from them, and for peace of mind I would recommend just giving them a call and making sure they have your form and are processing it.

I would expect within the next 4 weeks you should have an assessment date if required, or a decision if not, and if you have heard nothing by then I would think about making a complaint.

Good luck, and do let us know if you have any further concerns or need further information.

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

• twang5
    9 weeks now since posted pip forms back to transfer from d l a not heard a thing is this good or bad. Want a decision will ring Monday if don't hear by weekend 
  • twang5
    Only got till august 7th till d l a runs out so hope to hear soon. Any ideas
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi twang5,

Have you rung them? I don't think you need to worry about the 7th August. If this is a fixed term award, and you posted back the forms within the deadline given, then your DLA can be extended. The DWP has a general power to extend fixed terms of DLA in these circumstances (where no PIP assessment decision has been made).

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• twang5
    Yes rang yesterday they said forms with decision maker and they would send them e mail to c if august 7th can b extended as no decision made yet. Thanks 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.