Why should I have to go for another ESA Assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why should I have to go for another ESA Assessment?

Options
chloe968
chloe968 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I am currently on esa and wondering why i should have to go for another assessment when three people the examiner , decsicion maker the person the called obviously didnt read my medical evidence or notes as my assessment was meant to be recorded and wasnt surely in this instance when my doctor has put on my certificate assessed as unable to work and my medical evidence backs up what ive told the people about my health condition i should not have  to suffer the pain and unconfort of travelling there again and i feel i cant trust them as twice ive had problems with these examiners

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @chloe968.

It's great to meet you & I'm sorry to hear off your current problems.

We have got lots off info on our home page about "esa" process.

Please let me know if can help you with this ???

There is also a Benefits Advisor which may be a good starting point !!!

Please let me know if I can help ???

Unfortunaly I have got the T-Shirt for this one as well.

So please please let me know if I can help you further !!!!
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi chloe968 - you are not alone in wondering why you keep having to go through ESA assessments. It can be a really frustrating process. Unfortunately, not complying with DWP requests for further assessments may just lead to your ESA stopping. A lot depends on where you are in the process, and whether the DWP think there may have been some change in your health or circumstances since your last review. The fact that your doctor may have put on your medical certificate that you are unable to work doesn't guarantee that the assessors and the DWP will automatically agree, so you need to be prepared for the assessment, and for showing the ways in which you score points from the activities and descriptors. You are entitled to ask for a home visit if you cannot travel to the assessment, but you will need medical evidence to support this. It may also be a good plan to try and find a local advice agency to support you through this process - the Scope helpline (0808 800 3333) may be able to give you information about local help you can access, and there is also a lot of information about the ESA assessment process on this Scope website. 

Good luck with your claim  and please post back on to the Ask a Benefits Adviser part of the site if you need more advice.

Jayne
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.