PIP - won tribunal but DWP are appealing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - won tribunal but DWP are appealing

abbatony4950
abbatony4950 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited July 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Has anybody else won their tribunal but still have to wait because the DWP are going to appeal against the decision and how long did you have to wait.

Comments

• gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Hi abbatony4950 welcome to the Scope community
    How long have you been waiting? I hate to say this but when it comes to tribunals they haven't been known for their speedy response times.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @abbatony4950 Can you give us more information? How do you know the DWP are going to appeal? If it was a letter you received in the first month after your Tribunal. This is a standard letter sent by DWP to say they have 1 month to decide whether to they are going to appeal the decision. However they can only appeal on a point of law and not just because they don't agree with the award you were given by the courts. If they can't find any reason to be able to appeal it usually takes about 6 weeks for payments to begin.
  • bekirk
    bekirk Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    I didn't win my appeal - the assessors didn't give me enough time to state my case and they didn't see me when I was at my worst.
  • abbatony4950
    abbatony4950 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi Everyone thanks for replying,I went to the tribunal on 31 May and as I understand the DWP are sent the decision from the tribunal by email the same day so I have been waiting about 8 weeks. Yes I was sent the letter not long after my tribunal so what do I do now and how long do I give them to reply.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @abbatony4950 I didn't go to appeal but from what I've learnt from others who have, if DWP were going to appeal they only had a month to do this and could only appeal on a point of law. You would have heard by now if this was happening. 6 to 8 weeks is the timescale for payments to start so I would ring DWP on Monday and ask when your payments will start. Tell them how long you've been waiting and threaten them with making a complaint and getting your MP involved if they delay things any longer. It's disgusting how people are treated having to wait so long when you've won the Appeal..

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.