Hi. PIP interview imminent. They are coming to see me in my own home. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi. PIP interview imminent. They are coming to see me in my own home.

cliff51
cliff51 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have had DLA for 20 years, originally for life. I now have my PIP interview imminent. They are coming to see me in my own home. I didn't ask for this and not sure if it's a good thing or not. The stress is affecting me greatly at the moment.

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2017
    @cliff51

There is a guide to PIP assessments here:

How to Prepare for a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Assessment

Good luck with your assessment :).

Sorry, link doesn't work.  You can find the relevant thread through the search box.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @cliff51,

How are you?

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are having with your PIP claim. Have you had your assessment yet?

If not, Scope has some useful information about preparing for a PIP assessment, as do Citizens Advice.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please do get in touch.

Liam
  • MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Hi @cliff51:

Have you had your PIP Assessment yet?

If not, you might find this video helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq5QV_SnkJs

Also, this information on PIP from our Benefits Overview might be helpful.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.
  • cliff51
    Thank you for your interest. The interview went well and I have been awarded PIP. The stress leading up to the interview was awful however. It made my condition much worse and in the 2 weeks leading up to the interview I felt so ill I lost over a stone. (Not a bad thing!) I wouldn't wish the last 2 years on my worst enemy. The most stupid thing of all was being awarded more money than before. It just makes a mockery of this whole process which is too save the government money. I would have felt happier on the previous award and not had the stress of the last 2 years. I'm sure I've aged at least 10 years. I'm already over retirement age, so by the time they look at me again in 10 years time I'll either be dead or in an old people's home.
  • BigBriUK
    BigBriUK Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi Cliff..My assessment is at my house next Friday 21st July and like you its getting me all stressed out I had been given DLA high rate Mob for life..and now I am stressed out as according to the sample questionnaire thing you can do on line its touch and go if I would get it although CAB say I should get both parts on the higher rate (If not they say appeal straight away though them) any am glad you got PIP and it is a mad system...am still confused by it all
  • cliff51
    BigBriUK. Good luck. I was quite calm on the day after being really ill leading up to the interview. I had 2 friends supporting me and they wrote every single thing down. No chance for misunderstanding or for the assessor to say I was able to do something I couldn't. So cross that I was even put through this. It's not as if health problems you've had for 20 years are going to miraculously get better!
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @BigBriUK

Don't get too stressed. 65 percent of appeals succeed if it comes to that.  I suppose I was quite calm on assessment day as I expected to have to go to appeal - and would win. Which is exactly what happened.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.