Reassessed for PIP and lost mobility car — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reassessed for PIP and lost mobility car

Options
liverpoolbigbird
liverpoolbigbird Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited July 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
5 years ago I recieved 14 points on the mobility PIP scheme.I recived full grant and got amobility care.Just been reassed got 20 points only award basic so wont be elagable for the car.Whats going on

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,464 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @liverpoolbigbird and welcome to the community.

For the mobility component you only need to score 12 points for the enhanced rate. Have you asked for a mandatory reconsideration based on this?

@BenefitsTrainingCo are you able to assist any further on this one?

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• liverpoolbigbird
    Options
    Just noticed they have only awarded me 10 points on mobility yet 5years ago I got 14 points when I was not as bad as I am now
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @liverpoolbigbird welcome to the community, as @Geoark says, you can appeal this decision, you need to first request a Mandatory reconsideration.  We have some videos to help you in this process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOsiEFo-Ck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67tDSlsityY
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • liverpoolbigbird
    Options
    Can I buy my mobility carif I can get finace as mobility have confirmed it will need to be returned in 3 weeks but I still need a car to work
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,464 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Am I able to buy my current car, and if so, how much will it cost?

Part of the information we will send to you when we are advised that you are no longer eligible for the Scheme will include a personalised quote for you to purchase the Scheme vehicle. The transitional support package that you would otherwise have received when returning the vehicle, will be taken off the cost of buying the car. If you joined the Scheme before the end of 2013 and choose to keep it for the extended 26 week period, we will send you a revised quote towards the end of this period.

If you have not received this information then contact motability.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.