Had high rate DLA now PIP assessed as 0 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had high rate DLA now PIP assessed as 0

gmcvey
gmcvey Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have always had high rate dla as born with hip missing now pip assessment as 0.

Comments

• WheelyRachel
    WheelyRachel Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    @gmcvey
    so sorry to hear this please do appeal get CAB or your local disability advice service to help you.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gmcvey welcome to the community, you can read through here about your options to ask for a mandatory reconsideration and how to appeal the PIP decision.

You aren't alone in this, this community has so many members going through a similar situation, take a look at the PIP/DLA category.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gmcvey how are you getting on?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Iresee
    Iresee Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    I too had that same outcome but because the letter came on xmas eve I hadn't time to get other proof from neurologist etc. I wrote a letter stating that the assessor lied on many points that led to the 0 outcome but basically it was a waste of paper. Anxiety issues prevented me from appealing, I just couldn't have done it then. It's only for two years so once I go back I will appeal. I am 68 it's not like I can work or have any chance of getting a job so why target this age group?? I don't understand.
  • Julia1965
    Julia1965 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    My son was accessed as just having 4 points for daily living we went to appeal and he was awarded 18 , he was previously on full dla for daily living , so it's worth appealing , don't be scared they are there to help you and get advice from cab first , good luck 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I still haven't been assessed for PIP and am dreading the process. I am currently on high rate mobility and medium rate care. If I lose the mobility I will be completely housebound and as I had so many problems with Social Workers and Care Companies get no help at all. The paperwork taking it away is a tissue of lies all made up to prevent the last Social Worker from being dismissed. She was completely inept and untrained. I am sure this is going to cause me problems when I DO get assessed.
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Topkitten

I see no reason why the assessor would know about your past problems with social workers and care companies unless you tell them.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.