EHCP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

EHCP

Mumofquadcp
Mumofquadcp Community member Posts: 1 Listener
When we were sent the first  draft EHCP for my daughter I sent an email to the team to say that I was not happy with it and had requested some reports from my daughter's physio and OT so that could actually put something meaningful into it.  They acknowledged my email but then sent me the final EHCP before the reports had come through.  How do I go about changing the EHCP now?

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • IndependentSupportServices
    IndependentSupportServices Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Hi @Mumofquadcp

You have followed the process correctly. In the first instance, I would suggest contacting your EHCP coordinator (in some areas called SEN caseworkers, the person who has written the document) and asking that a further final be issued with the correct information. We have seen finals being issued by mistake or because of a breakdown in communication and this has been sorted with a phone call.

If the Local Authority are not willing to do this, you can contact SENDIASS to support you with challenging the content of the EHCP and how the process was followed. You can find details for your local team by using google - search for SENDIASS and your town/area. You can also search for the SEND Local Offer which is a website detailing all support available for parents of children with SEND and has many useful contacts.

I hope you manage to get this corrected and end up with a purposeful document.

Thanks @Sam_Scope for flagging this to me

Brightness