How long to hear the decision on pip claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long to hear the decision on pip claim

Options
lawler
lawler Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited July 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi I would like to no as I have  just receive a letter regarding my pip, the letter says that we have all the information we need to decide if we can award you pip, we will write to you when we have made a decision on your pip claim. Dated 18th july 2017 what I would like to no is how much longer will I have to wait to here anything regarding my claim , thank you. kind regards.

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @lawler

It will take 2+ weeks from date of letter you've received.  If you haven't heard after a month, I suggest you phone PIP.  Meanwhile, I suggest that you phone PIP and ask for a copy of the assessors's report which will give you a good idea of what your award is likely to be.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lawler

@Matilda is right, it could take a few weeks but do give them a call to check up.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • lawler
    Options
    Thank you for that info , Kind Regards,
  • lawler
    Options
    hi  I did what you said I phoned pip and asked about my claim, I was told that I was awarded pip and should have a letter from them in the post in the next couple of days,  thank you once again for all your help and information you have giving me , kind regards Mr Lawler

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.