Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Moving Home: Do I need to re-apply for ESA?

Hi There,

I have been granted ESA (contribution based) for the forseeable future, but I am moving in with family as cannot live alone. I don't need housing benefit as they will not charge me rent. But do I have to re-apply for my other ESA benefit? Or just inform them of move? Its all within London, but moving from Barnet borough to Harringey Borough. Really don't want to have to go through re-application and interview, was highly ill after the last one. 

Many thanks, Best wishes to all. 

M N 

Replies

• Liam_AlumniLiam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,113 Pioneering
    edited July 2017
    Hi @MNino,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

I've moved your post into our Ask a Benefits Advisor category, where @BenefitsTrainingCo may be able to offer further advice and support.

If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi MNino,

You don't have to re-apply for your ESA, just inform them of the change of address so that your mail goes to your new address. It's a simple change that's all, no need to worry about having to do a new claim.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,729 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MNino I hope this helps :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering

Hi @MNino,

Only just to add, if you claim Housing Benefit and have moved into another council which is a Universal Credit 'full service' area this would mean a claim for UC - the council or the jobcentre will be able to advise you whether this applies to you.

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.