Will I still get PIP payments after the end date whilst reclaiming? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I still get PIP payments after the end date whilst reclaiming?

Options
147ronnie
147ronnie Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited July 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I won my pip appeal on the 10/7/17 and it's due to end on the 9/8/17 will I still get payment after the end date whilst I am reclaiming

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @147ronnie,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

Congratulations on winning your PIP appeal. I've moved this post into our Ask a Benefits Advisor category, where @BenefitsTrainingCo may be able to advise.

If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you started the reclaim process ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • 147ronnie
    147ronnie Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    No they say I have to wait until the 10th August has my claim runs out on the 9th of august 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When your claim runs out on the 9th you will receive no further payment until a new award is in place although if successful you should receive back dated to 10th
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    Options
    147ronnie,

As advised on your other post, I don't see the point in waiting until 10th to make your claim. Unless your award period has been extended, I'd suggest reclaiming as soon as you can get it in the post!

Otherwise as CockneyRebel says, your payments stop until PIP is reawarded. You might want to ring and check because sometimes PIP awards with fixed periods get reviewed before they end, and this can mean the fixed period is extended. But if your award is definitely ending on the 9th, the longer you wait to reclaim the more likely there is to be a gap in payments whilst your reclaim is considered.

As CockneyRebel points out, if it's successful, your PIP will be backdated to the date of your claim. 

If your PIP affects other benefits (housing benefit for example), you'll need to let whoever pays your other benefits know. Any increases to these benefits can be backdated as well, once you definitely have a new PIP award. But they may be affected in the meantime.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.