pip home assessment wiped me out — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip home assessment wiped me out

Options
amanda8289
amanda8289 Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
Hi all, 
I had my pip home assessment yesterday and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do due to having every  emotion from rage to  frustration crying being used to explain my life and disabilities and how my day to day life also a big factor was also the very recent death of my  24 yrs old nephew  died last week he was murdered beaten so badly he had life threatening injuries.  The lady was called Claire and I have to say she was lovely.  My assessment was 3 hours long and i am still exhausted from it today.  I have no idea or clue to how it went as I couldn't look at her due to the tears in my eyes. I am not even sure what to expect as it went on so long i was very honest to the point of saying ur pip letters are not good for me constant  harrased by dwp i want you to leave me alone please. I'm worried about the whole experience and have i made things worse my son said she seem concerned n she showed care in her face but 3 hrs wow i never want to go through that again anytime  soon it took everything out of me n i was left angry upset n exhausted for hours after she'd gone.  I actually apologised if she had a  headache through me 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello amanda8289. I'm sorry you had such an exhausting experience yesterday, but I'm glad you managed to get a home visit, and that the person who came was thorough and sympathetic-seeming. If you need further advice  after you get your decision, then please post back in the Ask a Benefits Adviser category, and we will try and help. I hope it goes well, and all the best.
    Jayne
    The Benefits Training Co:

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    amanda8289 Don't forget in the next few days or maybe early next week you can ring up DWP to ask for a copy of your assessment report. This will give you a good idea as to what your decision will be. It sounds like you may be lucky and have had a sympathetic assessor but sometimes what they write afterwards doesn't reflect what happened during your assessment. Post again if this happens and someone will help you through to the next stage. Good Luck and hope you feel better soon..

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.