Housing list/bidding help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Housing list/bidding help

Options
di64
di64 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, does anybody have trouble with the housing list/bidding. In my area grimsby we are on band 4 and both my husband and daughter are disabled, she is nearly 7 and I have to cary her upstairs and down, this is getting so bad as I've just been diagnosed with fibro. It's really getting me down. Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @di64 welcome to the community, I have moved your post to the Housing category.  @Debbie_Scope can you help?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @di64,

Welcome to the community.

A bit of guesswork here, but are you referring to the Home Choice Lincs bidding system?

Band 4 is really low. Have you had an Occupational Therapist's assessment at the property? If you haven't, I think you need to arrange one. There could be aids or adaptations you can have at the property to help you all manage better and if the property isn't suitable for any of these, the OT can recommend re-housing.

You can arrange an assessment via the single point of access for North Lincolnshire 

I hope this has been a helpful starting point. Please do let me know if you need further advice.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness