I have dyslexia, autism and Asperger's - where can I get help/support in Derby? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have dyslexia, autism and Asperger's - where can I get help/support in Derby?

Options
Martin22
Martin22 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm looking for help I have dyslexia and told autism and asbergers ect were can I get help in derby uk ie support 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Martin22

Welcome to our website/online community I do hope that we can help you ???

We have got plenty of info on our home page where you can also put in your post code to see what s s are available in your area.

We have also got a number of Advisors who can also help you.

Please please let me know if I can help you further ????
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Martin22,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

In terms of support for dyslexia, The Dyslexia Association have a helpline which you can contact to ask for help and support. Their helpline is open Mondays to Fridays, 9:30am to 4:30pm. They can be contacted on 0115 924 6888 or via email: helpline@dyslexia.uk.net.

With regards to autism and Asperger's, the National Autistic Society have lots of useful information on their website. They also have a helpline, which can be contacted on 0808 800 4104 from 10am to 4pm (Mondays to Thursdays) and 9am to 3pm (Fridays). It may also be worth contacting their Derby and District branch, too.

As well as that, we have lots of help and support available on our community. You may find our Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) category of particular interest. You can also speak to our autism advisor in the Ask an ASD Advisor category.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam

Brightness