Music — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Music

Catman
Catman Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
edited August 2017 in Coffee lounge
I'm just wondering, how many of you are like me and can relate so Much to the singer, Michael Passenger's song, 'Whisper'? I only want to Whisper in a World that only wants to shout.. 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't know this song @Catman - Ill go have a google later!

How are you getting on?

Songs are so powerful, I went to see Regina Spektor the other night and was in tears at just how beautiful her music is!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gjt1971
    gjt1971 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Music is great, I listen to it morning noon and night

great way to relax.
  • Catman
    Hi folks.. Sorry for my late reply but a LOT has happened. Last Saturday my partner phoned me and explained that she'd been kicked out of her Mum's home and had nowhere to go. I allowed her to come back to mine.. She arrived on Sunday, breaching her bail conditions and having spent the night in the cells in London. 

And it kicked off again, it got real ugly.. I was assaulted within hours of her arrival, had threats with a knife made against me all sorts and that continued, save the interruption of some sleep until the next day. I had to call the Police. She was arrested, further charges made against her, held overnight and she appeared in Court yesterday and remanded in Custody. Julie, from Next Link is going to hopefully get me through this.. Right now however, I'm broken. I tried so bloody hard with Rach, stood by her, lied often about my injuries which she'd inflicted and protected her from charges.. She had nowhere to go, I let her home and she does this to me? Why? Why? Why?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    As you love her you must let her go for both of your sakes.
    As DM says you must break the cycle. If it continues the likely senario is that you will be dead and she will end up in prison for a very long time.
    I know how hard it is to let go of someone you love  but for both of you it is the best thing to do, especially for her. Each time you forgive her you are stopping her from moving on, your current relationship is doing neither of you any good. It will hurt for a while but each day you will heal a little more and hopefully you will find a better life
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Catman I am so sorry you are going through this again, you need to think about your own safety.  I am so glad you are getting support.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Catman
    Thank-you all.. Right now, I'm barely functioning, have free falled into a deep depression and am having a Fibromyalgia flare up. My mental and physical pain is almost unbearable right now. I pray this soon passes. 
  • Dasiydo
    Dasiydo Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    I don't know singer but can't play music but learn to sing in peer support music group 
    V.shaw

Brightness