ESA — Scope | Disability forum


palmer1967 Member Posts: 1 Listener
I am on esa suppert group n dla enhancement .my son has started work self employed so not guaranteed most he bring out is 200 .how much esa will i lose as he was my care too which i gta stop .he nva claimed benefits at all when left college .really worried will my esa stop as have bipolar n will my hb go full rent plz help x


  • steve51
    steve51 Member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @palmer1967

    A very big welcome to our online community/website.

    We have got lots off info with regards to Benefits on our home page.

    Thereis also a Benefit Calculator where you can find out what you are able to claim for.

    We have also got a Benefit Advisor which would be a good starting point for you.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @palmer1967,

    Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

    I'm sorry to hear about the situation you are in - it sounds like a really stressful time for you.

    As @steve51 mentions above, we do have an Ask a Benefits Advisor category, which I have moved this post into. @BenefitsTrainingCo, can you help?
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,622 Pioneering
    Hi palmer1967,

    Your ESA should not stop just because of your son's circumstances and neither should your HB. If you are receiving DLA there should still be no charge deducted from your Housing Benefit because your son has started work. I can't see how your benefits will be affected at all.

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.