Parents, carers and disabled parents
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

I want to get my daughter assessed for local services - how do I go about this?

juliemcjuliemc Member Posts: 2 Listener
I have moved local authority's.i want to get my daughter assessed for services so that she can move  .how do I go about this


  • steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    [email protected]
    Welcome to our online community\website.
    I do hope that we can assist you with this ????
    Over on our home page we have got a number off Advisors
    This might be helpful ??
    Threre is also lots off info which again might be helpful ???
    We aloso have a section for parents\carers.
    There is also a number off seperate groups.
    Please please let me know if I can help you furher ????
  • Liam_AlumniLiam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,113 Pioneering
    Hi @juliemc,

    Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

    @Debbie_Scope, can you help?
  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Member Posts: 947 Pioneering
    Hi @juliemc,

    Welcome to the community :)

    There's some information on the NHS Choices website which gives an overview of Children's and Young People's services.  

    If you're able to provide me with a little bit more information I would be happy to see if I can find some further information to help you.

    Best wishes
  • juliemcjuliemc Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi my daughter is 32 she currently lives in supported accommodation in Salford  there are numerous issues mainly deprivation of liberty  poor housing and bad mix in the accommodation.i want Clare to be assessed I  the local authority that I have recently moved to .How do I start the ball rolling.clare lacks capacity.also could you find me some info on a scope run project in urmston called  Meade close e.g. waiting lists  who funds  etc .thank you Julie pye 
  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Member Posts: 947 Pioneering
    Hi @juliemc,

    I think it would be better if you contact us at the helpline to talk about this in more depth.
    In order to find out what course of action you can take, we need some personal information from you and it's best to do this in private.  Please call us on 0808 800 3333 or email [email protected] and we will arrange to call you.

    Hope to hear from you soon.

    Best wishes
Sign in or join us to comment.