ESA/DLA/pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA/DLA/pip

janice_in_wonderland
janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
i had my dla stopped following an assessment a few months ago and waiting for an appeal date
I have just had an ESA assessment and waiting for a reply 
I have sold a number of my personal belongings to help pay for moving costs to relocate to more suitable accommodation 
I am v worried I am losing all of my connections in my current area to start fresh (long story) 
i am housebound bc I've never had anyone to push me in a wheelchair bc I can just about cope with getting to medical appointments which certain ones are becoming tel calls 
i look ok I sound ok but I am not ok for v long 
please can anyone help me through the transition to find a support worker or welfare advisor or any relevant recognised staff who will believe my suffering instead of judging me for looking & sounding ok 
kind regards 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    janice_in_wonderland,

I really hope you will be successful with your PIP appeal, and that you won't need to do the same for ESA.

As regards your question, I think the Scope helpline is probably your best bet for signposting to help locally. It sounds as if you want personalised face to face advice/support which unfortunately we don't provide on here. I would recommend local disability advice/information organisations. In some areas there are law centres, which can also help with appeals. It's very variable depending on area.

You can always contact your local Citizens Advice if you haven't already tried that route, but they tend to be very oversubscribed.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• janice_in_wonderland
    Local Citizens advice have nice people but one man was not so nice & it really affected me to the degree I'm not going back 

I really don't know anyone in my new area yet 

I'm waiting for ESA & Pip tribunal dates then see what happens 

Im isolated but it's peaceful

I wish I felt well enough to be self supporting but I'm not...that's hard enough to come to terms with

I'm taking each day now... not able to plan anything   
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear that thing are tough at the moment, @janice_in_wonderland. If you don't want to ring the helpline and you're comfortable disclosing your location, I could also have a look for any groups and support services that might be of interest to you? 
  • janice_in_wonderland
    @PippaScope
    hello again 

I have looked but fb has a public group I prefer closed groups 

there's a group that meets every 2 months I am just around the corner but missed the recent one 

I'm ok if I am left to survive without any pressure 

I've adopted a cat which has been amazing co 

I know I look & sound alright but nobody sees someone when they're set back 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    @janice_in_wonderland, just let us know if you do feel you'd benefit from face to face contact, and remember that you're always welcome to chat on the Online Community. That's so lovely that you've adopted a cat too, pets are brilliant company!
  • janice_in_wonderland
    Hi @PippaScope
    Thank you
    Is the face to face online or in person please?
    How do I find out about it? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.