My husband has his appeal on Tuesday and won — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My husband has his appeal on Tuesday and won

westendlass
westendlass Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Hi my husband has his appeal on Tuesday and won. However the judge did say that the letter he had received saying his disability benefit had been dropped and the dates etc were very misleading and that DWP were Not GIVING CORRECT information to people. He had originally been awarded PIP until AUG 2017 now its awarded along with enhanced disability until AUGUST 2018....Im confused the judge did ASK us before the hearing after explaining all the legal jargon if we wanted to go ahead as the PIP was originally awarded until 2021??? its all very confusing and also we now have to wait to see what happens ref a car, we cant do anything until DWP send paper work out.....we have been without a car since July although our date was October before handing back...(think this is what the judge meant)....its all a minefield.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello wesstendlass and welcome
    The only thing you can do at the moment is ring the DWP and make sure they have a copy of  the tribunal decision as they do have a habit of mislaying them

Come back when you have the revised decision letter which could take 5-8 weeks.
    It is becoming common practice for the DWP to request a SOR but not usual  for them to take it further

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2017
    Hi @westendlass
    It's great to meet you, I'm very sorry to hear about your current situation/problems.
    You will find that you are not on your own we have got "plenty of info" on our home page where you can also find a "Benefits Advisor which will be ideal for you..
    Please let us know if we can help you further with this ??
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @westendlass,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here. Many congratulations on your husband's successful appeal!

I've moved this post into our Ask a Benefits Advisor category, so @BenefitsTrainingCo can provide further clarification.
    Liam

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.