Pip appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal

dan20ddf
dan20ddf Community member Posts: 39 Connected
Hi I've just had the massive wod papers for appeal how long does it take till get date for appeal once I've had dwp response which in papers 

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @dan20ddf,

I'm sorry that you are yet to receive a response to this.

How are you getting on? Have you had your appeal yet?
    Liam
  • dan20ddf
    @LiamO_Dell getting on ok stressing cause still no date been waiting 3 months keep given me different estimates now telling me 8 weeks before told me 30 weeks so no idea on date till get one just badly need a mobility car
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @dan20ddf,

Oh dear, I'm sorry you've had to wait so long!

@BenefitsTrainingCo, do you have any advice?
    Liam
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi dan20ddf - I'm sorry you're having such a lengthy ordeal waiting for your appeal. There is no set time in which your appeal has to be arranged, as it just depends on how much of a backlog there is in your area. One idea may be to try and contact a local advice agency who may be able to support you with preparing your appeal, and if you call the Scope helpline on 0800 800 3333 they should be able to give you information about advice services in your area. You can also use this waiting period to make absolutely sure of your case when you finally get to the appeal hearing. I'm sure you know this already, but to get access to the Motability Scheme you need to score at least 12 points for the mobility component of PIP, in order to get the enhanced rate. It's a good idea to research the scoring system and make sure you maximise your chances of getting at least 12 points, and also try and get some good supporting medical evidence if possible. You can find excellent information on the PIP scoring system on this Scope site if you look at the Benefits Calculator part (run by www.turn2us.org.uk), and also on many more, including the DWP: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-personal-independence-payment-pip-toolkit and other websites such as Disability Rights UK and www.benefitsandwork.co.uk. The Benefits and work site has a subscription part to it, and members can get support from other members if they are preparing for appeals, so that may be useful too.
    Good luck with your appeal and let us know how you get on.
    Hope this helps!

Jayne
    The Benefits Training Co:

• dan20ddf
    Did anyone see my recent post need advice as making me down had my tribunal today
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi dan20ddf,

If your recent post is on another thread I'll try and find it and reply to you.

Lee 

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.