Difference between DLA and pip.. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Difference between DLA and pip..

Options
shell63
shell63 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
I have been reading some of the discussions I have been on DLA for some time..I keep hearing pip mentioned..is this the same as DLA..Thank-you shell 63...

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @shell63

PIP is replacing DLA.  The DWP will contact you when it's your turn to apply for PIP.   The two benefits differ quite a lot and the qualifying criteria for PIP are tighter than for DLA.
  • shell63
    Options
    Ohh right I had problems with my face to face for new ....I think it was .... I get confused with it all. I cud not manage my weekly job center interviews cancelled 3 times cause I've my pain if I cancelled one more time I wud lose everything..I had my tribunal date and they said I never had to go job center again but I lost £130.00 a month..think it was..so I failed my tribunal but since I have had another face to face..so confused.com..anybody else been in this situation I would love to no..Thank-you shell63...
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @shell63

Sorry, I am a little confused by the second post.

As you were attending the job centre weekly was this for Job Seekers Allowance or Universal Credit? If so was the tribunal for an ESA application or against a sanction put on  you by the job centre?

I am concerned that you are currently getting £130 per month less than you used to. As far as I am aware neither DLA or PIP require regular attendance to the Job Centre as neither are dependent on you being unemployed. Moving from JSA to ESA should not have resulted in a loss of income, unless there was other mitigating circumstances.

You might find it useful to call the Scope helpline, 0808 800 3333, who can help you to clarify what has happened, and possibly offer some advice. It would help if you do ring if you have any letters at hand to help them.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• shell63
    Options
    Hi geoark sorry if I was confusing u..I to am confused..I was invalidity I got letter for face to face they said I was got to work so I had to go job center every week I also sent in sick notes but apparently they were no good as the face to face gave me o points..I had to cancel 3 appointments one more I got nothing ( think JSA) get confused with it all..I received letter for tribunal job center said I could ring up and cud be put on ESA..I think less money but don't have to go job center..had tribunal failed they told me there and then..I had no letter of appointment to go job center so the money carried on..since then had another face to face waiting for results..on all appointments I had a decent day as for appointments I stay in bed couple of days before and do nothing so at least I get there then another couple of days to recover..up to now it has cost 180.00 pounds in going over minutes and 50.00' for medical records..sorry for going on I gather loads of people in same position..I to worried to ring up in case they send me to job center again which is a marathon..I also get DLA..Thank-you all wish I had found this site earlier it brilliant thanks all..xx
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There is lots of information on our Scope pages.

DLA

PIP
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi @Shell63 no need to apologise your confusion is clear in your posts, I am more interested you get the right help to get the support you need.

If you were to go onto ESA you would not get less than JSA. It is the same if you are put into the Work Related Activity Group (WRAG), or more if put into the Support Group.

Just for clarity, the appeal is a two stage process. The first is to request a mandatory review, usually requested over the phone. In most cases they will agree with the original decision. The second is to go to appeal. This involves writing to the appeal court outlining why you disagree with the decision and present any medical information. Do not try doing this on your own, get help in doing  this.

While it is normally recommended to attend the appeal in person, if this is difficult due to pain or other issues you can ask the appeal court to do a paper assessment, meaning they will just look at the evidence in front of them, from yourself and the DWP. Success seems higher when people get help to appeal and attend

Face to face meetings with JSA I am not sure what can be done as JSA is conditional on you being able to work and actively looking for work.

ESA and PIP require a face to face meeting usually at a different location to the Job Centre. You can request a home visit and I would recommend this considering what you said about having to rest for two days in bed prior and again afterwards to recover.

You would have to claim for ESA, and again I would strongly suggest you get proper support in doing so.

Hope this helps.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Russnjuju123
    Russnjuju123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can get help with mortgages on PIP?
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Russnjuju123

I suggest you re-post in Ask a benefits advisor category.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Mortgage interests will come under ESA not PIP. Try putting your details into an on line benefit calculator
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • jmhall10
    jmhall10 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Chell63  
    Iam new to this site. Unsure how to correspond.
    I was thinking you can get help with benefits from CAB!  They will help you write you appeal or put you on the right track.  Unsure what ur disabilities are..if you no what I mean...I have a brain injury! :-)

Brightness