PIP Appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal

Options
Elky1
Elky1 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
edited August 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm at a loss at the moment. I was refused PIP and now waiting for an appeal date. I desperately need someone ie welfare rights to help me through this but can't find anyone. Local council welfare officers are inundated with others like me needing help so can't get round to me for months. CAB have been closed and the only other advice team have been told they can't assist in the courts. Anyone any ideas please? 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Elky and welcome
    What stage of your appeal are you at, have you entered your submission ?
    All welfare and support services are over run with people needing help because of this poor system and most are not in a position to attend tribunals.
    Is it that you need someone to go with you for support ? could you take a friend or familly member ?
    If you have submitted your best case but cannot face going to the tribunal to explain which is a big help, you could request a paper based hearing where the decision is made just on the evidence. The success rate of paper hearings is less than that for oral hearings.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Elky1

A very big welcome to you I do hope that we can help you with ???

We have got a Benefit Advisor which will be very helpful for you !!!! 

I have moved you over for them to assist you.

Please let us know if we can help you further with this ???

Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo.

Can you please help me out ????

Many thanks.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Elky1 welcome to the community, we have some great videos about the PIP appeal process and you can also speak to someone on our helpline at 0808 800 3333.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIHjSpNNbQo 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WEvbFVlQOc&t=6s 

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Elky1
    Options
    Hi Elky and welcome
    What stage of your appeal are you at, have you entered your submission ?
    All welfare and support services are over run with people needing help because of this poor system and most are not in a position to attend tribunals.
    Is it that you need someone to go with you for support ? could you take a friend or familly member ?
    If you have submitted your best case but cannot face going to the tribunal to explain which is a big help, you could request a paper based hearing where the decision is made just on the evidence. The success rate of paper hearings is less than that for oral hearings.
    Sorry for the delay replying and thanks for the reply.. I am now waiting on a date for my hearing. I really need someone to represent me at court but can't find anyone that can. I am also having problems getting written backup from my doctor etc. He is inundated with patients like myself needing him to write a letter to say how my disabilities affect me etc. He says they already have the medical evidence he has supplied so why should they need separate letters stating the obvious when they should be able to answer their questions from that. My orthopaedic surgeon backs me totally as well and is of similar opinion to my GP. He says he will send me a copy of his reports that he sends to the GP and that should suffice but in actual fact it doesn't I am going round in circles trying to get the info the DWP want. My Fybromyalgia is really flaring up and my depression gets deeper and at times blacker with the ongoing worry of the court etc. A few weeks ago I collapsed and had to go into hospital overnight and on a drip to replace potassium that had dropped dangerously low. The consultant says this was down to stress but to be safe he has sent me for tests to me for tests. I am waiting for the results. I really don't know how much more of this worry I can take. My only personal income is my state pension. Thankfully my husband works and supports me. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Elky

Tribunals do not have to be scary so don't worry. If you can't attend then so be it.
    In many cases the evidence will speak for itself and the tribunals are not biased like the DWP, they will look at all the evidence in a fair and impartial way.
    As you have already entered your submission, there is little more you can do. If you do gett any more evidence you can submit it up tp a week before the hearing.
    As you don't have an award at the moment, the worst that can happen is you end up with nothing.  .
    There is no waiting time to submit a new claim if you have no award in payment, you could even start a new claim now if you wanted. If this happen then you can build on the knowledge that you now have and the support and assistance on this site

I really hope your tribunal is a great success, in the mean time we are here to listen, help and support you

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Elky1
    Options
    Sorry for the long delay in replying, my head is all over the place at the moment. My doctor is refusing to support me and many of his other patients with the much needed backup to go to Tribunal.... He says he is too busy!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.